Blueberry Kale Salad
This Recipe is from the Delaware Grown Website
- 4 cups of curly kale, deribbed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1½ tsp lemon zest
- Wash blueberries and kale. Pat kale dry, deribb, and tear into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil and kale to coat evenly.
- Add blueberries, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- queeze lemon over top. Sprinkle grated lemon zest over top of salad.
Handling & Storage
Blueberries will last up to 10 days in the refrigerator if they are kept dry. Do not wash until you are ready to eat or use.
Remove stems and wash in a collander priot to using. Remove any blueberries that have been damaged.
Blueberries freeze well. Lay out on a cookie tray in single layer and place in freezer. Bag frozen berries for later.
Total Fat: 14.2 g
Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 62 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
Sugars: 5.3 g
Protein: 4.4 g