Fresh Corn and Pepper Salad
This Recipe is from the Delaware Grown Website
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- Husk corn and slice kernels form the cob.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn, pepper, tomato, zucchini, cucumber, and onion.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Handling & Storage
Bell peppers should have a thick, firm, and bright glossy skin no matter what color. Avoid peppers that are shriveled or have soft spots.
Refrigerate bell peppers in a plastic bag and use within 5 days.
Before using, wash and remove the stem and seeds. When chopping peppers, keep the inside of the pepper facing up against the knife blade.
Total Fat: 6.2 g
Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 33 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 36 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
Sugars: 9.2 g
Protein: 6.1 g