Peachy Chicken Picante
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- ¹/3 cup Delaware peach preserves
- 8 leaves from Romaine hearts
- 1 large peach
- Cube 1 pound boneless chicken breasts. Add taco seasoning to a gallon size storage bag. Add chicken, zip, and shake.
- Heat a large skillet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add seasoned chicken to skillet and cook thorughly.
- Add 1 cup of salsa and ¹/3 cup Delaware peach preserves. Stir to coat. Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place 2 leaves of the Romaine hearts on each plate. Top with peachy chicken picante. Peel and slice fresh peach, divide evenly to dress each plate.
Handling & Storage
Choose peaches with firm, fuzzy skins that yield to gentle pressure when ripe. Avoid blemishes.
Store unripe peaches in a paper bag. When ripe, store at room temperature for use within 1-2 days.
Total Fat: 15.7 g
Saturated Fat: 3.3 g Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 101 mg
Sodium: 1044 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g Sugars: 5.7 g
Protein: 34.5 g