Stuffed Peppers recipe from the Delaware Grown Website
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove stem, clean out seeds, and cut peppers in half lengthwise.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Coarsely chop basil.
- In a bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Add cherry tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into peppers. Place in upper third of oven. Roast for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Handling & Storage
Bell peppers should have a thick, firm, and bright glossy skin no matter what color. Avoid peppers that are shriveled or have soft spots.
Refrigerate bell peppers in a plastic bag and use within 5 days.
Before using, wash and remove the stem and seeds. When chopping peppers, keep the inside of the pepper facing up against the knife blade.
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 78 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Sugars: 4.2 g
Protein: 1.2 g