- 2 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Process ½ cup of watermelon, along with the orange juice and oil, in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, along with remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made several hours prior to serving.
Handling & Storage
Choose symmetrical watermelons with dried stems and yellowish undersides. The melon should be heavy for its size.
Store whole watermelons at room temperature. Once cut, refrigerate watermelon in airtight containers and use within 5 days.
Total Fat: 5.1 g
Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 101 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
Sugars: 12.5 g
Protein: 1.7 g